Saturday, August 22, 2015

Quick update

Okay, so it's been a while. Just wanted to quickly give some information on what I've been doing in the months since I last updated this blog.

To put it simply, quite a bit has happened. I started working towards joining an Order as a probationer, but my work in that direction came to a halt when we discovered that I live about 400 miles from the closest temple. At least I was given some interesting material to read (both published material and material written by and for this particular Order).

I planned out an Evocation to undertake with a friend, who would be using mind-altering substances to induce the state needed to 'see' a spirit. This was an exhilarating experience from a craftsman's perspective, but in the end circumstances prevented us from going through with the operation. I still got some nice candles out of the deal, though.

I went through something of a 'crisis of systems'. During this period, I was desperate to find something - anything - that would allow me to perform Magic without the complexities of the Golden Dawn/RR et AC system. The one good thing that came out of this was my acquisition of some excellent books, including the very well-written (and brutally honest) Gateways Through Stone and Circle, by Ashen Chassan.

Finally, I have given myself a crash-course to reacquaint myself with the basics of the Golden Dawn system, and will soon be using the techniques for Talismans given by Israel Regardie in the tiny book How to Make and Use Talismans.

To be honest, this blog is not a high priority for me at this point, especially considering the balancing act between my personal Work and my social/relationship/school life.

No comments:

Post a Comment